Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Hero

After an interview with Piers Morgan, who sheds some of his Highness and Mightiness upon him, Penn Jillette wrote an article for CNN.com. I read the article, and decided that, by golly, I loves me some Penn Jillette.

Gotta love a guy who gets his wookie suit on for CNN, had a show called Bullshit, and has a sex dungeon in his house (seriously, he does). I mean I liked him before, but now? Oh, boy:

I don't believe the majority always knows what's best for everyone. The fact that the majority thinks they have a way to get something good does not give them the right to use force on the minority that don't want to pay for it. If you have to use a gun, I don't believe you really know jack. Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid.

Well, don't that just about nail it?

Mr. Jillette says in the article something I've been saying for quite sometime. "I don't know." You don't have to have a better idea or solution to something before you're allowed to point out that the current idea or solution is wrong. How very libertarian, indeed.

h/t to SayUncle



tweaker

1 comment:

Feel free to drop a line. You don't have to keep it clean - God knows, I won't - but keep it above the belt.